As an often frazzled mother and stressed lawyer, I am always looking for fun products that may make my life easier. Here are a few products that I am really digging and that have worked well for my family:
1. Itzbeen Pocket Nanny: I relied on this when my daughter was an infant. If I couldn’t find it, I had a panic attack. I was exhausted and my brain was not working, so I used Itzbeen to monitor how long it had been since the last diaper change, how long it had been between feedings, nap length, and which side I had nursed on last. It was very helpful for tracking the time between one event to the next. Even now that my daughter is older, I still use this when she’s sick to monitor how long it has been since I last gave her medicine.
2. Baby Care App: I used this app, in conjunction with the Itzbeen to keep track of everything when my daughter was young. This free app is very comprehensive and allows you to track a whole range of activities. Where the Itzbeen is good for keeping track of the time between one event to the next, this app lets you save information to follow patterns in your baby’s behaviors. I was using a pad and paper to keep track of all of the numbers before I found this app. It was a big help. For those of you who are anal about keeping track of all of the numbers, like I am, this app is wonderful.
3. Baby Bodysuit Extenders: Babies grow out of their clothes fast, so these extenders are great if you want to get more use out of your baby bodysuits. These are very useful for cloth diapering mamas because they add a little more room in the bodysuit for your baby.
4. Boon Wrap: I am kind of in love with Boon products. This bowl wrap not only covers and protects your glass bowls, it also suctions to the countertop and tabletop so it stays in place while baby eats. It makes things easier for mom (no broken bowls) and baby (a deep bowl that stays put while she tries to spoon her food out). I had difficulty getting it to stick to the high chair at times, but I love all the other benefits of using this cover.
5. Squooshi Reusable Food Pouches: Even though my toddler eats regular table food, she still likes to take pouches of pureed food around with her. Plus, I have a difficult time getting her to eat certain foods, like prunes, unless they are pureed. Reusing these pouches with my own purees saves me so much money and I know exactly what is going into my baby’s food.
6. Boon Flow Water Deflector: This deflector covers the faucet, protecting your baby’s head, and it turns the flow into a waterfall. Plus, it has a bubble bath dispenser. Bath time fun!
7. Cloud b Twilight Ladybug: Projects constellations all over your baby’s room in three different colors. Looking at the stars and identifying the different colors has become part of my daughter’s bedtime routine.
8. B. Zany Zoo Wooden Activity Cube: This toy kept my daughter’s attention with all of the activities, colors, and textures. A great toy for learning and exploring as your child begins to crawl, stand, and walk.
9. Snazzy Baby My Baby’s Own Deluxe Travel Chair: A soft, portable high chair. It can even be used as a lap chair or a shopping cart seat. I love the convenience this item offers!
10. Okkatots Travel Depot Bag: Traveling with a baby? This bag has you covered. This bag has a ton of storage, lots of pockets in convenient places, and a diaper dispenser. If you don’t need a bag with this much storage, Okkatots also sells a great diaper book bag.
Those ARE cool. Numbers 3 and 4 are my favorites. So clever.
I wish I could be creative enough to think up some of these things. Then I could quit my day job and retire at 35!
Thanks for the shout out! We’d love to send you some pouches. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shannon – founder of Squooshi
That’s great! Thanks for checking out my post.