* Backlash against Gwyneth Paltrow’s idiotic comment about working moms. [Business Insider]
* Could domestic duties explain the gender gap? Female physicians spend much more time on domestic duties than male physicians, which could explain why female physicians have less career success. [MNT]
* Those little white lies may affect your kid’s personality in a bad way. [Science News Daily]
* Parenting from prison. The effect of mandatory minimum sentences on one mother. [Deseret News]
* Responding to an infant’s needs is crucial to the child’s success later in life; however, forty percent of parents are failing their children in this arena. [Science News Daily]
* Cold, rigid parents are more likely to have obese children. [CBS News]
* Study finds that both environment and genes play a role in parenting styles. [MSUToday]
* One family’s difficult choice to give up adopted son. [Yahoo!Shine]
* Stress makes it more difficult to get pregnant. [LA Times]
* Kid’s Health News: One-third of nine to eleven year-olds may have high cholesterol, which is caused by obesity, poor diet, and lack of exercise. [USA Today]
* Autism affects more children than previously thought, a whopping one in sixty-eight! [CDC]
Thanks for reading. Glad you liked it.
Wow. I just learned so much! Thanks!
There was some interesting parenting news and info coming out over the last week and a half.
How nice of you to catalog it in one place for us. 🙂
I really like how you do these little summaries – thanks!
I’m glad you enjoy them! I love lurking the web for parenting news and info that might be of interest.
The prison one is fascinating and thanks for mentioning the 1/68.
Thank you for checking it out!