Parenting news and articles from around the web.
* Here is who our kids would vote for and why. [NBC News]
* And then there were six! A couple adopts four kids…in one day! [The Mirror]
* Apparently wealth, not celebrity, influences how we name our babies [BBC]
Photo courtesy of MorgueFile.com.
Well guess who climbed out from under a rock…or should I say a mountain of work and life changing events.
I have wanted to start blogging again for a while, but it was hard to figure out where to begin. I stopped blogging when I got pregnant with my second child and my work demands became much more intense. I was too tired to do anything after work except take care of a two-year-old and grow a baby in my belly. Then I gave birth to my baby boy, J.J., and I had to go back to my demanding job way too soon after he was born. So with a toddler, a newborn, and a job as a lawyer, I simply had no time or energy to write…or to continue with my unfinished and never-ending house renovations. *sigh* Continue reading
I took two vacation days off of work to celebrate the Fourth of July weekend and I am hoping to take a week off over Labor Day. That will be it for my summer vacation. Even taking that limited time off is rough with all of the work that I have pending. It makes me feel guilty going away. Also, the amount of work that I have to do just so I can leave is overwhelming and knowing the disaster that inevitably awaits me upon my return makes a vacation seem not even worth it. It’s somewhat depressing that I feel guilty taking time away because I DESERVE IT and it’s a major reason why I sometimes wish that I was not a lawyer.
This is me the first time that I saw the disaster that would become my home.
If my life had a title, it would be Unfinished Projects. I have always been a perfectionist and someone who makes sure tasks are completed well in advance of their deadlines. As my daughter heads into her second year, I just can’t keep up with it all. This has been a huge stressor for me. I am a full-time attorney who spends at least an hour-and-a-half commuting each day. I have an investment business that I manage with my husband on the side. I am restoring a 150 year-old house. Throw a rambunctious toddler into the mix and I can’t get it all done anymore.
Image courtesy of MorgueFile.com.
Parenting news and articles from around the web.
* It’s starting to get warm outside so make sure you pay attention to whether your baby is still in the car seat before you leave the car. [Parents Magazine]
* Check out the emotional, in-depth article that started the discussion on the issue of forgetting about your baby in the car. [Washington Post]
* How to be a Dolphin Parent. [TIME]
* Concerned father arrested for violating the two-minute rule at a school meeting. [Huffington Post]
Image courtesy of stockimages / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
One of my friends is interviewing for a new job. She is extremely unhappy in her current situation due to new management and I can’t blame her for wanting to leave. She has interviewed with several companies and she has received a job offer. She feels genuine excitement about the possibility of leaving her current toxic situation and joining a company where she can grow as a professional and move ahead in her career. It seems like a no-brainer to take the job, but she has a major reservation that prevents her from accepting this new job offer. She is in her thirties, so she plans on starting her family in the very near future.
Image courtesy of Ambro / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
* Parents allow the public to name their baby! [Huffington Post]
* Kids, quitting, and choosing to be a “dolphin parent.” [Today’s Parent]
* Using social media for good. Toddler finds a kidney donor through Facebook. [WND Health]
* Unexpected costs of having a baby. [Business Insider]
Image courtesy of KEKO64 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Wow, I haven’t written a substantive post in a while. Work has been overwhelming lately and I started a wood refinishing project that has been taking up my limited free time. Blogging has kind of taken a backseat while I have been trying to keep my life under some type of control.
I decided to make some time to continue Part 2 of Chasing a Daredevil and Twins Before We Wed – Blogging Challenge. You can find Part 1 here, which goes through the progression of my marriage in pictures. Since I can’t post daily, I am posting to this challenge when I get time. Here is the challenge:
Image courtesy of franky242 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
* This is why parenting ages you. Toddler disappeared while his mother was in the bathroom and was found playing in a bowling alley toy machine. [USA Today]
* Parenting mistakes to avoid. [Saratogian News]
* Although not news related, I had to share this image of the cutest kid picture I saw this week. [Huffington Post]
Image courtesy of kdshutterman / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
* What the baby product industry doesn’t want you to know. [Market Watch]
* The Game of Thrones baby-naming trend. [Yahoo Shine]
* The safest car seats. [Consumer Reports]
* Daycare costs more than college in a majority of states. [Newsmax]